Junior Cert English
We will cover all aspects of the Junior Cycle English exam. You will learn how to effectively prepare for the exam, providing you with a formulaic approach to dissecting questions in order to maximise results.
- Insight into how to structure an academic response to both the film and drama Qs.
- Revision of Shakespearean texts, characters and themes.
- Revision of poetic techniques and how each contributes to the written word.
- Revision of functional writing pieces i.e Review, blog, diary. etc
- Insight into how to respond effectively to the unseen poem and drama/narrative
- Practical instruction on how to avoid losing vital marks throughout the exam.
- How to put a personal stamp on the exam paper and present an ability to critique and
Heaney’s poetry will be explored as it offers universal themes and can be applied to many study poetry questions. Digging, Mid Term Break and The Early Purges.
But You Didn’t – Merill Glass.
Plus 2 war poems.
Junior Cert Irish HL
Intense revision on the following. Key focus on exam questions
Scríbhneoireacht – ábhair éagsúla
Gramadach – briathra, séimhiú, urú
Ceisteanna Scrúduithe agus freagraí samplacha
Junior Science Topics
Day 1: Circulatory system, Breathing and Respiration
Day 2: Genetics, Microorganisms
Day 3: Structure of the Atom, Chemical Reactions
Day 4: Force, Work and Power, Energy
Day 5: Earth Sun and Moon, The Universe
Day 1: Algebra and Functions – Simplifying expressions.
Day 2: Algebra and Functions – Solving and graphing linear equations; Factorising.
Day 3: Algebra and Functions – Solving and graphing quadratic equations; Solving inequalities.
Day 4: Arithmetic – Money.
Day 5: Distance, Speed and Time; Ratio and proportion.
Booklets will be distributed on day 1 of the course